In this fast-changing world, everybody feels tense at one time or the other. After the corona pandemic, cases of depression, stress, and anxiety have increased many folds. In this modern-day lifestyle yoga and meditation have become an integral part of life. Practicing yoga and meditation has the power to generate happy hormones, reduce stress and anxiety. But to start anything from scratch, in itself is a stressful task. When you 1st start practicing yoga, it’s very difficult to know what type of yoga accessories you need to buy for it. There are lots of yoga accessories available in the market. But using the wrong one can bring negative effects to the mind and body. Hence, proper yoga accessories and equipment are very important to do difficult poses in a comfortable manner.
Here, we have listed the most important yoga accessories and equipment for you.
Complete list of Most Essential Yoga Accessories
|S.N||Essential Yoga Accessories|
|8||Yoga Knee Pads|
1. Yoga Mat
One of the basic and most essential yoga accessories is a yoga mat. It’s hard to imagine a yoga session without a yoga mat. Yoga mats are specially designed mats that are useful in preventing hands and feet from slipping while performing yoga poses. It creates friction which reduces the chances of disbalance of the body. Yoga mats give comfort and support to the body for a better and more efficient yoga session.
How to pick a Yoga Mat
- Thickness: A thick yoga mat gives a better connection of the body to the floor. Its thickness gives support to the back during a core workout. A standard yoga mat is labeled 3.3 mm or 1/8-inch thick.
- Material: The material of the yoga mat will determine the texture, friction, softness, and eco-friendliness of the product. Most yoga mats are made of either vinyl or rubber. The advantage of vinyl mats is that they last longer whereas rubber mats have jute and cotton in them making them more eco-friendly but reducing its softness.
- Texture: The texture will determine the amount of friction it will produce. It is helpful in creating friction when the body produces sweat during exercise. If the dotted texture discomfort’s you, you can choose the smooth mat which has a moisture control mechanism.
Amazon-Basics 13 mm Mat
- Made up of lightweight and durable foam – provide extra support to the spine.
- 1/2-inch extra-thick – gives a comfortable and extra cushion to the back.
- Comes in 3 colors black, blue and purple. The Textured surface increases its efficiency.
- Approximately (LxWxH) – 74 × 24 × 0.5 inches .
- Comes with a carrying strap – makes it handy. Useful in other workout routines too.
Body Fit Yoga Mat
- Made up of anti-tear, anti-slip TPE material.
- 6 mm extra thick- improves exercising experience.
- Available in 2 color-Blue and Pink.
- Mat Size (L x B) -183 cm X 61 cm
- Durable and eco-friendly – The TPE material is extremely durable and eco-friendly. Carry bag- available.
READ | Top 20 yoga centers in India
Yoga Accessories For a Better Posture
2. Yoga wheel
This Yoga accessory is a hollow, circular-shaped cylinder with soft padding on the outside. It is helpful in improving the stretching and flexibility of the body. Also, it is beneficial in reducing the stiffness of body. It is helpful in challenging yoga poses.
How to pick a Yoga Wheel
- Size and Diameter: The size of the yoga wheel plays a vital role in its selection. It should be chosen according to the shape, size, and flexibility of one body.
- Material: The material of the yoga wheel will determine its weight carrying capacity and also comfort to the body. A weaker or cheap material might result in a negative effect on the body while performing yoga poses.
Tormeti Yoga Wheel (Yoga accessories)
- Made up of thick liners. Provides essential support to your back, shoulders, and limbs.
- The wheel’s outer ring is made up of TPE material for a better buffer effect.
- Product Size: (LxWxH) 30.5 x 12.7 x 30.5 Centimeters
- The textured surface also provides better friction and stability.
- The yoga wheel’s inner surface is made up of durable PP material.
- Weight carrying capacity: 330lbs. Improves body posture.
Bodylastics Cork Yoga Wheel
- Made up of sweat-resistant and eco-friendly materials.
- Product size: 13 inches
- Weight carrying capacity: 550lbs.
- Thick padding which cushions your palms, feet, and back while in motion.
- Provides a remarkable sense of comfort.
- Perfectly portable and lightweight.
Yoga Accessories For Better Flexibility
3. Yoga Straps
Straps are very important yoga accessories, basically used for stretching purposes. It helps users achieve a wide range of motion. It increases blood flow in the body and relaxes muscles. Good to use pre and post-workout.
How to pick a Yoga Strap
Length: Yoga straps come in different lengths. One should choose a longer strap for a wide range of movements. A longer strap is also helpful for taller people.
Material: The material of the yoga strap will decide its flexibility. It is made up of various materials like plastic, rubber, and fabric, each has different behavior. one should choose a strap considering the material.
FITSY 8 Loop Yoga Strap
- FITSY Multi 8 Loop Yoga Stretching Strap gives soothing stretch to muscles
- Keeps muscles and joints healthy. Relax muscles and improve flexibility
- It boosts your metabolism, increases bone density, joint flexibility, and calms the mind.
- The 8 independent loops of this product increase the gripping strength.
- Helpful in warm-ups and also in relaxing the body after the session.
- This stretch band is a must-have for all runners, yoga enthusiasts, and other athletes.
- Safe and easy to use
Humble Latex Yoga Straps (Yoga accessories)
- Made from natural latex. Odor-free, elastic, and durable.
- Comes in 3 different resistance strength levels: Light, Medium, and Heavy.
- Suitable for beginner and seasoned workout sportsmen.
- It can be used to exercise all parts of muscles such as arms, chest, abdomen, glutes, and legs.
- Also, good for physical therapy, Recovery, or increased mobility.
Yoga Accessories for Better Support
4. Yoga Blocks
One of the most recommended yoga accessories is the yoga block. It is made up of foam, bamboo, wood or cork. It is often used as an extension of the arms. Yoga blocks are helpful in providing support to the back, head, and hips to help the body perform poses efficiently.
How to pick a Yoga Block
Material: The material will determine the weight, durability, sweat absorption, and rigidity of the block. Also, selecting a yoga block depends on the style of yoga practice one performs and personal preferences as well.
3 S: Size, Sustainability, and Stability: Choosing a yoga block mainly depends on the three S’s. Firstly, its size, it shouldn’t be too big or too small. The block should remain stable during the workout, a imbalanced block can lead to injury. Also, the block should be sustainable for a period of time.
Amazon-Basics Yoga Blocks
- Provides good balance and proper alignment. Remains stable during a workout.
- Comes in a set of 2 yoga blocks.
- It is made up of high-density foam, it improves its durability and performance.
- The surface of the block is slip-resistant, it ensures a better grip on the ground.
- Round edges make it more comfortable.
- Lightweight makes it easy to carry anytime anywhere.
- Measures 4 by 9 by 6 inches each (LxWxH).
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
Strauss Yoga Block
- Helps in maintaining body balance
- Helps in increasing body control
- Made up of soft material, yet sturdy
- Non-slippery grip
- Available in many colors.
Yoga Accessories For Relaxation
5. Yoga rollers
Yoga rollers are helpful in relieving muscle tightness, soreness, and inflammation. It increases the joint’s range of motion. These are effective tools to add to your warm-up or cooldown, pre, and post-exercise.
How to pick a Yoga roller
Density and Material: Yoga rollers can be generally categorized into three categories; soft, medium, or firm. Its material determines the density of the roller. Every category brings a different effect in the body.
Size and Shape: There are many different sizes of yoga rollers in the market. One should choose the roller depending on the type of workout, result expectations, and body type.
Strauss Yoga Foam Roller (Yoga accessories)
- Yoga roller form Strauss is made up of lightweight EVA foam, it is soft to touch, comfortable, and elastic.
- Its pointed surface gently massages the body.
- Helpful in releasing tension and increasing blood flow in the body.
- The product is waterproof, anti-slip, non-toxic, and odorless.
- It can eliminate muscle pain, and strengthen the core muscle.
- Good for strength and flexibility too.
Fegsy Foam Roller
- Unique multi-density GRID pattern. It provides targeted compression.
- Ideal for self-massage, relieving pain and improving flexibility.
- Made of strong EVA which is non-toxic, environmental protection, and durable.
- Made up of non-slip material, and can withstand high pressure without bending.
- Size: Approx. 12″ x 5″ Inch.
- Easy to store in a gym bag or backpack.
Yoga Accessories For Better Hygiene
6. Yoga Towel
Yoga towels are generally the same size as of a standard yoga mat. It is made up of a soft, sweat-absorbent material, and can be used as a substitute for a yoga mat or to clean face and body sweat during exercise.
How to pick a Yoga Towel
Absorbing Qualities: The most important purpose of yoga towels is to absorb sweat and moisture from the body. Towels which are made up of thin fabrics are ideal for low to moderate amounts of sweat. Thicker ones are best suited for excess sweating.
Material: The material of the yoga towel should be soft and gentle. A rough fabric can bring rashes to the skin.
Tego High-Performance Towel
- Size: (LxB) 16 x 30 Inches.
- Available in various colors, you can choose whichever suits your personality best.
- Made up of 100% cotton.
- A perfect product for your everyday workout sessions.
Amazon Brand – Solimo
- The towel is made up of 100% cotton, extra soft and absorbent.
- Fabric is long-lasting and fades resistant
- Size: 60×40 cm
- Pack contents: 4 hand towels
- Colors: Turquoise Blue and Baby Pink
Yoga Accessories for core
7. Yoga Ball
Yoga ball or the exercise ball is also known as physio balls, Swiss balls, or fit balls. These are useful in improving the strength and flexibility of the body. These yoga accessories improve core balance.
How to pick a Yoga Ball
Size: The thumb rule to buying an exercise ball is that you should be able to sit on the ball with your legs at a 90-degree angle or slightly more, but not less. If your height is in between 4’11” – and 5’4″, the size of the ball should be 55 cm. And if you are 5’5″ – 5’11”, the ball size should be 65 cm.
Material: The material of the ball needs to be soft, and comfortable to the body. At the same time, it should be strong enough to hold the weight of the body and not get punctured easily.
Joyfit Gym Ball
- The Joyfit Gym ball comes with a layered PVC structure on its top to avoid any puncture.
- The load capacity of 150 Kg.
- The diameter of the ball is 65 cm.
- Provides a wide base and anti-slip qualities.
- Remains stable even in the most rigorous of workouts.
- This durable, anti-burst exercise ball is available in two colors Blue & Grey.
- Excellent equipment for yoga, back exercises, and abdominal training.
- Improve posture & relieve back pain.
Ardith Anti-Burst Exercise Gym Ball (Yoga Accessories)
- Size – 65cm.
- Helpful in improving muscle strength of shoulders, arms, hips, thighs, and other muscles.
- Extra thick. Professional quality with non-toxic PVC material.
- Horizontal ribs all around it make it easy to hold.
- One of the highest density fitness balls in the market.
- Made from anti-burst highly durable material.
- Weight tolerance capacity:up to 270 kg.
Yoga Accessories For Safe Workout
8. Yoga Knee Pads
Kneepads are the protective gear worn on knees to protect them against any injury while running, gym, or any exercise. It protects the knees from falling to the ground or hitting an obstacle.
How to pick a Yoga Knee Pad
Right Fit: The knee pad will be of any use only if fits the knee properly and comfortably. It need not to be too tight or too loose.
Fabric: The fabric of the pad should be gentle to the knee cap. Rough material can become a cause of unwanted injury to the knees.
SukhaMat Yoga Knee Pad (Yoga accessories)
- Size: 15mm (5/8″)
- One of the best yoga knee pads for a pain-free Workout.
- Gentle to knees and cushions the pressure points.
- Complements your full-size yoga mat.
Strauss Yoga Knee Pad
- Reduce stress on joints and pain in the knees, elbows or wrists
- Extremely lightweight & Portable. Easy to carry
- Made up of dense and long-lasting NBR foam.
- Bounces back to its original shape when released
- Weight: 500 gm.
- Size: 24 in x 10.
Other Yoga Accessories
Besides the above, there are other below accessories that you can consider buying.
- Yoga gloves
- Water bottle
- Yoga Bolster
- Yoga Mat Wipes