- Virat Kohli was named as the CEAT International Cricketer of the Year
- Jasprit Bumrah was named as the international bowler of the year.
- Former Indian cricketer Mohinder Amarnath received the lifetime achievement award at the CEAT Cricket Rating Awards.
Adding another feather to his cap, Virat Kohli won the CEAT International cricketer of the year for his extraordinary contribution last year. The Indian skipper scored 2735 runs in 2018 including 11 hundreds. He also guided India to four overseas test victories. Jasprit Bumrah was named as the international bowler of the year. He is currently ranked as the number 1 ODI bowler in the ICC World Rankings.
— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) May 14, 2019
Former Indian cricketer Mohinder Amarnath received the lifetime achievement award at the CEAT Cricket Rating Awards.
“It is a great honour for me,” he said. Amarnath is known for playing a crucial part in the 1983 World Cup winning campaign. It was former teammate and the chief adjudicator Sunil Gavaskar who who presented him with the award.
[custom-related-posts title=”Related Posts” none_text=”None found” order_by=”title” order=”ASC”]
Cheteshwar Pujara, who was declared as the man of the series in India’s Test series in Australia, was named as the international Test cricketer of the year. Rohit Sharma pocketed the international ODI cricketer of the year award performing consistently.
Among other winners, Kuldeep Yadav was awarded with the ‘outstanding performance of the year’ whereas Smriti Mandhana won the international woman cricketer of the year award.-- Advertisement --
Speaking at the ceremony, the chairman of RPG Group, Harsh Goenka said, “2018-2019 has seen some scintillating cricket being played across the world with outstanding individual performances.
CEAT Cricket Rating Awards felicitates these heroes who have not only entertained the audience worldwide but have also made their respective teams proud. Congratulations to all the winners and I wish the Indian Cricket team the best for the upcoming World Cup.”
Complete Award Winners
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Mohinder Amarnath
- International Cricketer and Batsman of the Year – Virat Kohli
- International Bowler of the Year – Jasprit Bumrah
- International Test Cricketer of the Year – Cheteshwar Pujara
- International ODI Cricketer of the Year – Rohit Sharma
- International T20 Player of the Year – Aaron Finch
- Outstanding Performance of the Year – Kuldeep Yadav
- International T20 Bowler of the Year – Rashid Khan
- Domestic Player of the Year – Ashutosh Aman
- International Woman Cricketer of the Year – Smriti Mandhana
- Junior Cricketer of the Year – Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Cricket Journalists of the Year – Sriram Veera and Snehal Pradhan
- Special tribute: Late Ajit Wadekar