SL vs WI 1st T20 Dream11 Prediction
|Series:||West Indies tour of Sri Lanka, 2020|
|Match Date:||4th March 2020, Wednesday|
|Match Timing:||7:00 pm IST|
|Match Venue:||Pallekele International Cricket Stadium|
|Expected Crowd Turnout:||20,000|
After the clean sweep in the ODI series, Sri Lanka will look to repeat the feat against West Indies in the 2-match T20I series starting with the first one at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium on Wednesday. While the first two ODIs were relatively comfortable, the Lankans were given a run for their money in the last by the Windies. The visitors almost chased the total of 307 thanks to valiant knocks by Shai Hope and Sunil Ambris. However, Sri Lanka held their ground and won the game by 6 runs.
Can the West Indies take a mini-vengeance against Sri Lanka? Let’s find out…
Here is complete SL vs WI 1st T20 Dream11 Prediction:
|Key Players in form||Angelo Mathew, Kushal Mendis, Shai Hope|
|Weather Conditions||Partly Cloudy. Outside chances of rain.
-- Advertisement --
27°C, 73% Humidity, Winds up to 2 km/hr. 10% Precipitation.
|Toss Advantage||When it comes to T20I, teams batting first have won at the Pallekele Stadium 11 occasions, as against 6 of teams batting second. Moreover, the last five of the last eight T20I played here have been won by defending teams. Need we say more?|
|The pitch cannot be called an out and out batting surface, but it does favour the batsmen, as can be seen from the last ODI with two 300+. However, the pacers will be assisted by the new ball.|
|Venue Stats||Matches won batting first 11
Matches won bowling first 6
Average 1st Inns scores 167
Average 2nd Inns scores 146
Highest total recorded 263/3 (20 Ov) by AUS vs SL
Lowest total recorded 88/10 (16 Ov) by NZ vs SL
Highest score chased 178/2 (18.4 Ov) by PAK vs BAN
Lowest score defended 125/8 (20 Ov) by SL vs NZ
|Injury Updates||SL: Achini Kulasuriya.
WI: No major injuries.
|H2H||SL 6 – 3 WI|
|Form||SL– L L NR L L (most recent first)
WI – W NR L L W (most recent first)
Avishka Fernando, Kusal Perera (wk), Kusal Mendis, Niroshan Dickwella, Shehan Jayasuriya, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Isuru Udana, Lakshan Sandakan, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Pradeep.
Shai Hope (wk), Fabian Allen, Dwayne Bravo, Sheldon Cottrell, Shimron Hetmyer, Andre Russell, Brandon King, Rovman Powell, Nicholas Pooran, Kieron Pollard (C), Lendl Simmons, Oshane Thomas, Hayden Walsh Jr., Kesrick Williams.
SL vs WI 1st T20 Dream11 Prediction Team 1
K Perera, A Mathews, L Simmons, K Pollard, K Mendis, Dwayne Bravo, A Russell, L Malinga, S Cottrell, W Hasaranga, I Udana.
SL vs WI 1st T20 Dream11 Prediction Team 2
S Hope, K Perera, K Pollard, A Mathew, Kl Mendis, T Perera, Dwayne Bravo, W Hasaranga, S Cottrell, L Malinga, I Udana.
Fantasy Cricket League Prediction | Tips and Tricks for today’s match between Sri Lanka vs West Indies 1st T20I Dream11 Prediction
- Kusal Perera returned well from the duck in the second ODI to score 44 off 55 balls in the third. More importantly, he set a crucial foundation with skipper Dimuth Karunaratne (44) as Sri Lanka posted a target of 307 before eventually winning the match. In T20, Perera remains Sri Lanka’s highest run-scorer (active) 1212 runs in 44 innings at an impressive average of 133.92. Moreover, Perera has scored 190 runs at the Pallekele Stadium, the second-most by an active player.
- Shai Hope was in cracking form in the ODI series, hitting 115, 51, & 72 runs respectively. Moreover, he also accounted for 6 catches. Although he hasn’t featured in enough T20Is, Hope will be looking to put his forward case before the selectors, especially with the T20 World Cup 2020 round the corner.
- Nicholas Pooran is also a considerable choice here.
- Angelo Mathews demonstrated his class in the third ODI by registering 4/59 and stopping West Indies in the nick of time. This man always seems to impact the game, either with the bat or ball! Statistically speaking, Mathew is a great choice on several levels. Against the Windies, he has 118 runs at an average of 29.70, taken 6 wickets at an average of 16.66 & economy of 5.88. After Perera, he remains the second-highest run-scorer for SL in T20I (active).
- Kieron Pollard, or Mr T20, has been his team’s consistent performer in the recent T20I series. The West Indian scored 115 runs in the three T20I games against India, followed by figures of 4/25 & 3/17 against Ireland. In the last ODI against Sri Lanka, Pollard almost guided his team to victory before falling to Angelo Mathew at 49 (50).
- Lendl Simmons has been in a smashing form in the T20s, as was seen in the Dhaka Premier League where he scored 54, 31 & 51 in his last three matches. The cricketer then backed it up with a knock of 91* to help West Indies level the series against Ireland. What more, Simmon’s best bowling figures of 4/19 in T20Is came against Sri Lanka itself.
- Talking about form, how can one leave Kusal Mendis behind? The Sri Lankan has been in a blazing form, scoring. The batsman first scored 80 & 116* in the Test matches against Zimbabwe, followed by 119 & 55 in his last two ODI games against West Indies.
- Dwayne Bravo is one of the best longest-serving players of the T20 format for West Indies, and that reflects in his stats. Bravo has amassed the most number of wickets for West Indies at 57. DJ, as he is popularly known, has also scored 1151 T20I runs, the highest amongst for West Indies amongst active players. The all-rounder is also Windies’ highest-run getter (218) and wicket-taker (9) against Sri Lanka. Need we say more?
- Thisara Perera is another great all-rounder on offer here. The all-rounder is only the sixth Sri Lankan to enter the 1000 T20I-runs-club. Perera hit a 25-ball 36 in the second match to Sri Lanka a great boost towards the end of the first innings. Not only that, he remains the country’s fourth-highest wicket-taker in the game’s shortest format.
- His compatriot and rising star Wanindu Hasaranga adds to our depth in the all-rounder department. The 22-year-old won the player of the series in the recently concluded ODI series for his all-round performance. Hasaranga hit a match-winning 42* off 39 balls in the first innings, followed by figures of 3/30 and 1/41 in the remaining games. You can bet high on this young man!
- Last but not the least, Andre Russell completes our all-rounder department. IPL 2019, anyone?
- Lasith Malinga remains the greatest bowler the T20I format has ever seen. At 106 wickets, he remains the only player to have over 100 wickets in 20 over format. Malinga has scalped 12 wickets against West Indies apart from another 17 at this ground (the most by anyone).
- Sheldon Cottrell garnered attention in the second ODI match here with figures of 4/67. This was a good comeback after his 0/69 figures in the first match. Expect more from the pacer.
- I Udana completes our bowling trio. Kesrick Williams can be another great choice here as well.
Captain & Vice-Captain Choices
- Although we are spoilt with choices, we will be going safe by choosing Angelo Mathew as our choice for the captaincy considering his ability with both bat & ball. Shai Hope and Lasith Malinga are other great choices.
- Kusal Mendis is in good form and makes for a decent choice as the vice-captain.
- Wanindu Hasaranga has been phenomenal in the last series and thus can make for a good vice-captain.