The story of Sharmila Nicollet golfer is one of its own inspirational tale. She is an Indo-French professional golfer hailing from Bangalore, India. Her father, Marc Nicollet is French and her mother Surekha Nicollet is from Bangalore. Sharmila completed her high school education from Bishop’s Cotton Girls’ school. She did her 10th and 12th through private education from Bangalore International School.
She started playing golf when she was just 11. What started off as something to do for “fun” lead to her ultimate career choice. She won her first tournament in the year 2006 when she was just 15! She has represented India since then in several tournaments including nationals and internationals.
Sharmila Nicollet Biography
Date of Birth
12 March 1991
Lady golfer of the year (IGULS) 2007 Player of the Year (WGAI) 2010
$2 Million (Approx)
Father- Marc Nicollet. Mother - Surekha Nicollet
Bishop Cotton Girls' School
Sharmila Nicollet Net worth
According to ladieseuropeantour.com
She also loves cars which is easily visible through her Instagram. She has done modeling in some events and has also been featured in magazines. According to wgai.co.in, The Women’s Golf Association of India, her 2018 earnings are as shown:
Sharmila’s father Marc is a software professional and her mother Surekha has her own label Padmini Aroma Pvt Ltd in her hometown, Bangalore.
Nicollet is not just an international golf star but a great swimmer too. She is a former national sub-junior swimming champion and has also participated in multiple school-level athletics events.
Sharmila Nicollet Golfer Instagram
According to an interview she gave to the quint, her favorite shot and her strength is “the driver”.
- Sharmila has represented India in various international tournaments. She started off by participating in the 2006 Asian Games held in Doha
- She has also represented India in the Asian Pacific Junior Golf Tournament in San Diego.
- In 2007-08, Sharmila created history by becoming the youngest lady golfer to win the All-India Ladies Amateur Championship.
- In 2009 after turning professional at just 18 years old, Sharmila went on to become the youngest Indian golfer who qualified for the Ladies European tour.
- She is also the second Indian after Smriti Mehra who earned a full card at the Ladies European Tour in 2012.
- Nicollet earned another tournament, the Hero-KGA tournament in the same year.
- In 2015, she won the Hero-WPGT tournament.
- She has a whopping total of 11 wins in the Women’s Golf Association Of India.
Sharmila Nicollet Awards
- She was awarded the lady golfer of the year in 2007 by the IGULS. (Amateur)
- In 2010, she was awarded the “player of the year” by WGAI. (Professional)
In Feb 2018, Sharmila became the first Indian to qualify for the China LPGA Tour.