Table of Contents
Shambhavi Chaturvedi is an international Golfer hailing from Noida, Uttar Pradesh. The 12-year-old started playing Golf at the age of 4 years when introduced by her father while her first win in the sport was at the age of 8 years. Shambhavi participated in the US Kids Golf World Championship in August 2022. Shambhavi dreams of becoming the No. 1 Golfer. She also aims to win the World Championships in the US and Gold in the Olympics. Top tier Sports Women like Mary Kom, Saina Nehwal are her inspirations because they fought despite the challenges and never stopped in their way to become World Number 1 in their field of sports.
About Shambhavi Chaturvedi
|Details of Shambhavi Chaturvedi
|Date of Birth
|Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Early Life of Shambhavi Chaturvedi
Shambhavi Chaturvedi started playing Golf at the age of 4 years when her father introduced her to the sport, which she feels is beautiful and close to nature. She achieved her first victory when she was 8 years old in the IGU Junior Feeder tour in a playoff. Her first hole-in-one was in October 2022. Her first underscore game was in the US Kids Golf Local Tour in October 2022.
Shambhavi Chaturvedi Family
Shambhavi’s parents work in IT companies. She also has a 5-year-old younger brother. Her father was the one who led her in the world of Golf which gave her a direction in the field of sports. Her father rewarding her with chocolates and ice-creams after her every win motivated Shambhavi to win more and more games. Shambhavi’s biggest motivation is her parents.
Shambhavi and Golf
Shambhavi has an immense passion for Golf and dreams to become the No. 1 Golfer in the world. Her best memory of Golf is of her hitting a hole-in-one on her home course during the Diwali Cup tournament in Oct 2022. She struggles to arrange funds for coaching from top coaches, buy electronic equipment for game analysis, and to support travel expenses to participate in tournaments, especially the international ones, but still aspires to rule the realm of Golf.
Diet Plan and Routine
Shambhavi mostly eats home-cooked meals. She also adds dry fruits, fruits, and glucose to her diet. She likes Pasta, however, she limits the intake to once a week, in order to stay healthy. Shambhavi practices regularly in the Golf practice range or Golf course for 3 to 4 hours and also attends fitness classes. During training sessions, she works on different techniques to improve her long game, short game, chipping, and putting. In her fitness training, she does different exercises to keep her body fit, and to increase strength and stamina for mobility.
Also Read | Top 10 Most Famous Sports in the World
Shambhavi Chaturvedi Achievements
- Ranked No. 1 & Tour Champion of US Kids Golf India Local Tour in 2022 & 2021 in Girls 10-11 years & Girls 9-10 years age category respectively.
- Ranked No. 2 in India as per IGU National Junior Girls Ranking in 2022 in Category-C girls.
- In 2023, qualified for the following major international tournaments:
-US Kids Golf World Championship 2023 to be held in NC, USA in August 2023
-US Kids Golf European Championship 2023 to be held in Scotland in May 2023
-FCG Callaway World Championship 2023 to be held in CA, USA in July 2023
-IMG Academy World Championship 2023 to be held in CA, USA in July 2023
-FCG International Junior Golf Championship 2023 to be held in CA, USA in July 2023, and many other international tournaments.
- Qualified every year since 2019 for the US Kids Golf World Championship, European Championship, and other international tournaments with Priority Status Level 10 or 11.
- In August 2022 participated in US Kids Golf World Championship in Pinehurst, USA, secured 49th position out of 100+ girls in 11 years age category, with the score of +6, +14, +9 in three rounds total +29 over par 216.
- Excellent Green In Regulation record (GIR 83.33%) in US Kids Golf World Championship. In 3 rounds, she hit 16, 14 & 15 greens in regulation.