Table of Contents
Raiders are a crucial component of the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL), a professional kabaddi league in India. The Raiders in PKL play a pivotal role in the game, showcasing their exceptional skills to score points for their teams. These talented athletes possess remarkable agility, strength, and quick decision-making abilities, making them a force to be reckoned with on the kabaddi mat.
With their lightning-fast raids and tactical maneuvers, PKL Raiders captivate audiences and contribute to the thrilling and competitive nature of the Pro Kabaddi League. India has strong cultural ties to kabaddi, which is also a well-liked sport. The PKL’s recent success has further enhanced the sport’s appeal, making it a significant and cherished sport in the country. The top 10 raiders in PKL history are listed below.
Top 10 Raiders of PKL with Most Successful Raids
Pardeep Narwal (Successful Raids – 1180)
- Playing for the UP Yoddhas in the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) 2022 season 9 is Pardeep Narwal, also known as “Dubki King,” an Indian professional Kabaddi player. Sonipat, Haryana, India, was the place of his birth on February 2, 1995. Having received several honors and recognitions for his efforts in the Pakistan League, Narwal is regarded as one of Kabaddi’s finest raiders. Narwal made his debut in the PKL in 2014 and soon established himself as one of the top raiders in PKL.
- He joined the Patna Pirates at the beginning of the league and has contributed to the team’s many achievements, including the PKC championship in 2016 and 2017. In addition, Narwal participated in the Indian national Kabaddi team, winning a gold medal and other medals in the 2016 South Asian Games. His total successful raids are 1180 in 153 encounters and is currently the top raider of PKL.
Maninder Singh (Successful Raids – 958)
- Maninder Singh is a professional Indian Kabaddi player known for his exceptional physical talents and performance. He had an early interest in kabaddi and soon became a player of the highest calibre. Maninder Singh, the Bengal Warriors’ captain, is one of the most top raiders in PKL history. He has spent numerous seasons in Bengal. Maninder Singh’s Kabaddi career began when he was chosen to play for his state team, and he immediately established himself as a vital player. With a 48% of success rate, the raider has the second-highest number of successful raids, totaling 958 successful raids in just 122 matches.
- Maninder Singh’s performance in the sport earned him a spot on the Indian national squad, where he competed in several international events. He was one of the most feared raiders in the game because to his fierce raids, quick reflexes, and agility. His accomplishments in international events aided him in gaining attention and admiration from other players and fans throughout the world.
- Maninder Singh was signed by the Bengaluru Bulls of the Pro Kabaddi League in 2017, where he continued to amaze fans and demonstrate his talents. He was a standout performer for the Bengaluru Bulls, who won the league the same year. His outstanding exploits in the firm enabled him to earn a spot on the national squad, where he established himself as one of the sport’s greatest players.
Rahul Chaudhary (Successful Raids – 854)
- With 150 matches played, Rahul Chaudhary’s successful raids are 854. On June 20, 1994, in Nizamabad, Telangana, India, the raider was born. He took up the game of kabaddi at an early age and became proficient at it right away. Chaudhari began his professional career with the Telugu Titans during the inaugural season of the Pro Kabaddi League.
- In his first season, he scored the league’s first Super 10, quickly establishing himself as a top player. Over the years, he has played for several teams, such as the Jaipur Pink Panthers, U.P. Yoddha, Tamil Thalaivas, and Telugu Titans. Chaudhary has received several trophies and distinctions during his Pro Kabaddi career, including the “Best Raider of the Season” title in both the 2016 and 2018 seasons. As a member of India’s national Kabaddi squad, he has competed in several international games, including the Asian Games and the Kabaddi World Cup.
Deepak Niwas Hooda (Successful Raids – 835)
- Deepak Niwas Hooda is a well-known Indian kabaddi player. In the Pro Kabaddi League, he is well-known for his raiding tactics. He used to play for the Jaipur Pink Panthers, Telugu Titans, and Patna Pirates. Hooda is well-known for his swift and nimble moves on the mat, as well as his ability to effectively raid.
- Deepak Niwas Hooda finished fourth in the list of top raiders of PKL in terms of the overall number of successful raids, with 835 successful raids in 157 matches. Indian professional kabaddi player Deepak Niwas Hooda has played for his nation in a number of international competitions. He was born in Nohar, Rajasthan, on February 7, 1993. After making his professional debut in 2014, Hooda has gone on to play for clubs like the Telugu Titans, Puneri Paltan, and Jaipur Pink Panthers, garnering international recognition and respect. He has consistently played kabaddi for the Indian national squad.
- He has competed in several international tournaments, including the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup, the 2017 Asian Kabaddi Championship, and the 2016 South Asian Games. Hooda is recognized for his raiding talents, agility, and leadership qualities in games. He is recognized as one of the finest all-around players in the game and has received several awards, including as the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup’s finest Raider trophy.
Naveen Kumar (Successful Raids – 788)
- Naveen Kumar is a skilled and well-known Kabaddi player who has built a name for himself on the Indian Kabaddi circuit. He is regarded as one of the top raiders of PKL, recognized for his rapid moves and quickness on the mat. After 85 games played, Naveen Kumar has 788 successful raids. Naveen Kumar is a powerful force in his matches and has a high success percentage in conducting raids.
- He can easily avoid defenders and score points for his team. He also possesses outstanding collaboration and synergy with his teammates, making him a valuable asset to his team during vital periods of the game. Naveen Kumar’s league performance has been constant, and he has helped his club reach the finals many times. He has been named ‘Man of the Match’ several times and is widely regarded as one of the league’s best players.
Pawan Sehrawat (Successful Raids – 765)
- Pawan Sehrawat is a skilled Indian kabaddi player. He has become one of the sport’s best players after playing kabaddi for a while. Pawan Sehrawat is noted for his aggressive raiding style and ability to get points for his side during his match performances. On the pitch, he is quick and agile, making it difficult for opponents to confront him. He also understands the game well and can interpret the actions of other players, allowing him to plan his raids successfully.
- With 765 successful raids in only 105 matches, his nimble and hardworking temperament propelled him to the top 10 list of raiders in PKL. Pavan Sehrawat has also served as a player for a number of prosperous kabaddi teams, such as the Gujarat Fortune Giants and the Bengaluru Bulls. He has been one of the best raiders in the Pro Kabaddi League, constantly scooping up points for his side and assisting them in winning the match.
Also Read | Unveiling 5 Best Guardians of the Mat
Ajay Thakur (Successful Raids – 643)
- Ajay Thakur is an accomplished and gifted Indian Kabaddi player who now represents Dabang Delhi in the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL) in 2022. He has represented India’s national Kabaddi squad since 2007, and he has won multiple gold medals at international games such as the Asian Games and South Asian Games. He has completed his 643 successful raids in a total of 120 matches.
- Thakur has consistently been one of the top raiders in the PKL when it comes to match performance. He is noted for his fast thinking and agility, and he has a powerful presence on the floor. He has an excellent sense of timing and is capable of scoring important points for his side under pressure. He has a high raid success rate and is capable of effortlessly breaching the opposition’s defence.
- He has a natural ability to identify and exploit flaws in the opposition team’s formation. Ajay Thakur is a standout Kabaddi player who has contributed to both his club and the Indian national squad. Because of his abilities and prowess on the court, he is a fan favorite and one of the most sought-after players in the PKL.
Sachin Tanwar (Successful Raids – 643)
Playing for Patna Pirates in the PKL season 9 he has made his way into the top 10 raiders of PKL list as well as making his pro kabaddi league debut in season 5, the player was also selected for India’s national kabaddi team in 2017. The talented Kabaddi player Sachin Tanwar is well known for his strongholds, powerful raids, and quick reflexes. As one of his team’s top raiders in the Pro Kabaddi League (PKL), he played for several successful Kabaddi teams, including the Haryana Steelers. Tanwar is a powerful player due to his sharp game sense and ability to understand the opposition.
A total of 643 successful raids have been recorded by Tanwar in 106 pro kabaddi league games, placing him among the top 10 raiders in PKL history. Tanwar has represented India in various international Kabaddi competitions and has helped the squad win multiple trophies, in addition to his team and national-level accomplishments. He was a key member of the Indian Kabaddi squad and is credited with greatly contributing to their success.
Tanwar’s agility and quickness, along with his ability to make rapid decisions, make him one of the most dangerous raiders. He has a distinct raiding style and is well-known for his rapid movements and ability to effortlessly avoid opponents.
Also Read | Top 5 Rivalries in Pro Kabaddi League (PKL)
Vikash Kandola (Successful Raids – 583)
- As one of the most consistent raiders in the sport, Vikash Kandola is an Indian professional Kabaddi player. He started playing kabaddi at an early age and later became a member of many pro kabaddi league teams. Kandola’s bold riding style and strong playing tactics have earned him a name throughout his Kabaddi career.
- He is recognized for his rapid movements, quickness, and ability to fight numerous defenders at the same time. Kandola’s raids are generally distinguished by his swift and accurate moves, which allow him to avoid opponents and score points. Vikas Kandola, one of the top raiders of PKL, has 583 successful raids after playing 101 games. The ‘bonus point,’ which he earns by diving onto the opposing court and touching the mid-line, is one of Kandola’s defining maneuvers.
- Kandola has perfected this maneuver, which involves quick reflexes and good hand-eye coordination, to become one of the sport’s most sought-after raiders. Kandola is well-known for his raiding talents as well as his tactical prowess and ability to understand the game. He anticipates the maneuvers of his opponents and plans his raids accordingly, drawing on his expertise and knowledge of the game. He is a good team player who collaborates well with his teammates to gain points by outwitting the opposition.
Rohit Kumar (Successful Raids – 559)
- Rohit Kumar has been a significant player for the Bengaluru Bulls since the league’s inception in 2014. In addition, he played for the Telugu Titans and the Patna Pirates. He is well-known for his ability to outrun defences and swiftly carry out successful raids. He is also well-known for his speed and ability to shift directions quickly, making him challenging to deal with. Rohit Kumar has completed 559 successful raids in 101 league encounters.
- Throughout the game, Rohit Kumar makes use of his speed and agility. He usually starts slowly and gradually gains momentum as the match develops. He is recognized for using his speed to avoid opponents and get to the opposing team’s side of the floor. He also employs his strength and might to overwhelm defences and conduct successful raids. During bouts, Rohit Kumar’s tactic is to keep his opponent guessing. He switches up his raiding approach, making it harder for opponents to figure out what he will do next.