Born on 3rd Dec 1982, Mithali Dorai Raj is an Indian woman cricketer and the captain of India’s women cricket team. Born to a Tamil family, Mithali started playing at the age of 10. A little unknown fact is that she loves dancing and was deeply passionate about it. However, she chose cricket over dance and we are not complaining!
|Personal Bests||1st Indian woman cricketer and 5th in the world to complete 1000 world cup runs.|
Mithali Raj Net worth
According to finapp website, her estimated net worth is 1 million dollars which comprise of the following:
|Estimated Net Worth||Rs.4.2 Crores|
|ODI Match Fee||Rs.100,000|
|Test Match Fee||Rs.1,50,000|
|Luxury Cars –02||Rs.80,00,000|
She owns a BMW and her house is worth 2.2 crores as of now. She bought this house in the year 2012 in Hyderabad, Telangana.
Mithali Raj Biography
Mithali attended Keyes High School for Girls in Secunderabad. She went to Kasturba Junior College for further studies. She started training for cricket during her school days itself.
Mithali was picked up for the Indian Team when she was 17. Two years later, at the age of 19, she arose as one of the most promising and talented batsmen when she scored a whopping 214 against the England team in the final test held in Taunton. That was just the start for the budding star. There was no look back for Mithali ever since. Popularly also known as “Lady Sachin” due to her commendable performance, she is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket.
Mithali Raj Family
View this post on Instagram
Fate works in mysterious ways, I became the most capped player and fortunately the two people who played a major role in my life .. daddy the man who put me into this sport and my bestie who has always been with me thru all the ups and downs of my career were with me . And a noteworthy coincidence was that I made my debut against England and today I break the record of playing the most number of matches against them .#daddysgal#bestfriendsforlife#lifelines💕 #grateful🙏#blessed😇
Mithali is a Tamilian. Her father, Dorai Raj was in the Indian Air Force and her mother’s name is Leela Raj who was not very fond of this sport but was always supportive of her daughter’s career. Mithali has a brother, Mithun Raj. Interestingly enough, Raj is still unmarried.
Mithali Raj Achievements
- In 1999, she scored 114 runs (not out) in her One Day International debut against Ireland.
- In 2005, she led the Indian cricket team to the World Cup finals. Unfortunately, they lost the finals to Australia.
- She holds the record for having the highest individual score by an Indian Woman cricketer in a world cup match. She scored 91 runs out of 104 balls against New Zealand in 2005’s Women World Cup.
- Mithali was ranked world no. 1 cricketer in the ODI chart at the Women’s World Cup 2013.
- She became the first player to score 6000 runs in Women’s ODI in 2017.
- Later in 2017, she was placed in the ICC Women’s ODI Team of the Year.
- One of the many records she made, includes playing the most number of WODIs (109) consecutively for a team.
Mithali Raj Awards
- Arjuna Award: 2003
- Padma Shri: 2015
- Vogue Sportsperson of the year: 2017
Mithali Raj News
Earlier this year, Mithali became the first Indian Woman batter to score 2000 runs in T20I cricket. This record was created while playing against Sri Lanka at the Women’s Asia CupT20.