Jaipur vs UP Yoddha Preview 2019
HEAD-TO-HEAD (OVERALL): Jaipur vs UP Yoddha Preview 2019
Overall: Matches – 4 | Jaipur Pink Panthers – 2 | U.P. Yoddha – 2
- It is all even between the 2 teams with Jaipur Pink Panthers and U.P. Yoddha winning 2 matches each.
- In their first meeting in PKL 7, U.P. Yoddha were the victors as they beat Jaipur Pink Panthers 31 – 24.
- U.P. Yoddha’s raiders helped the team in the victory as they outscored Jaipur 18 – 14 in raid points. Surender Gill and Shrikant Jadhav were the top raiders for U.P. Yoddha scoring 7 raid points each.
- Sumit (U.P.) was the best defender for his team scoring 4 tackle points in the match.
- Nitesh Kumar (U.P.) also pitched in with 2 tackle points.
- For Jaipur Pink Panthers, captain Deepak Hooda was the best raider as he finished with 9 raid points in the match.
- Vishal was Jaipur’s top defender in the match scoring 4 tackle points.
Jaipur Pink Panthers PKL 7 Record
- 7 Wins, 7 Losses, 1 Ties | 6th in points table
- Last Match: Lost to Patna Pirates 33 – 36.
- Recent Form: The team is winless in the last 6 matches (5 Losses, 1 Tie)
- If Jaipur wins the match they will move to 5th Position in the Points Table.
U.P. Yoddha PKL 7 Record
- 7 Wins, 5 Losses, 2 Tie -> 7th in points table
- Last Match: Beat Gujarat Fortunegiants 33 – 26.
- Recent Form: U.P. Yoddha are on a 4 match win streak.
- If the team wins, they will move to 5th position in the points table.
Head-to-head: Jaipur vs UP Yoddha Preview 2019
|Match No.||Jaipur Pink Panthers||U.P. Yoddha||Result|
|PKL 7, M#50||24||31||U.P. Yoddha won by 7 points|
|PKL 6, M#67||45||28||Jaipur Pink Panthers won by 17 points|
|PKL 5, M#121||32||53||U.P. Yoddha won by 21 points|
|PKL 5, M#39||24||22||Jaipur Pink Panthers won by 2 points|
PROBABLE Starting 7
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||Vs.||U.P. Yoddha|
|Amit Hooda||Right Corner||Nitesh Kumar ©|
|Nitin Rawal||Right In||Rishank Devadiga|
|Pavan TR||Right Cover||Ashu Singh|
|Deepak Hooda ©||Center||Shrikant Jadhav|
|Nilesh Salunke||Left In||Surender Gill|
|Sandeep Dhull||Left Corner||Sumit|
- Deepak Narwal (JAI) is 7 raid points away from reaching 300 raid points in PKL.
- Deepak Hooda (JAI) is one raid point away from reaching 100 raid points in PKL 7.
- Sumit (U.P.) is 2 tackle points away from reaching 50 tackle points in both in PKL as well as PKL 7.
Battles to watch out for: Jaipur vs UP Yoddha Preview 2019
DHULL OR SUMIT?
Sandeep Dhull (JAI) and Sumit (U.P.) have been the top scoring defenders in their respective teams this season. Sandeep Dhull leads the league in tackle points with 54 tackle points and Sumit is not far behind having scored 48 tackle points (4th in PKL 7).
Both these defenders have been consistent throughout this season. Sandeep Dhull and Sumit are among the top 3 for the highest tackle point average this season.
|Highest Avg. Tackle Points – PKL 7|
|Defender||Avg. Tackle Pts|
Both these team have been good in the middle phases of the match scoring at a Tackle SR above 50.
In the 11-20 min phase Jaipur Pink Panthers have the 2nd best Tackle SR where as in 21-30 min phase U.P. Yoddha has the 3rd best Tackle SR in the league.
|Highest Tackle SR in 11-20 mins – PKL 7||Highest Tackle SR in 21-30 mins – PKL 7|
|Team||Tackle SR||Team||Tackle SR|
|Haryana Steelers||62||Gujarat Fortunegiants||63|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||60||Patna Pirates||62|
|Patna Pirates||56||U.P. Yoddha||53|
In contrast both the team’s raiding unit have been terrible in the middle phases. Jaipur Pink Panthers and U.P. Yoddha are among the top 3 for lowest Raid SR in 11-20 mins as well as 21-30 mins.
|Lowest Raid SR in 11-20 mins – PKL 7||Lowest Raid SR in 21-30 mins – PKL 7|
|Team||Raid SR||Team||Raid SR|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||29||Patna Pirates||30|
|U.P. Yoddha||33||U.P. Yoddha||32|
|Telugu Titans||33||Jaipur Pink Panthers||34|
JAIPUR DEFENSIVE UNIT – ONE OF THE BEST
Jaipur this season has been lethal in the defence in terms of scoring as well as execution with their tackles. Jaipur Pink Panthers have the 2nd best average tackle points. But they have the best Tackle SR amongst all teams this season.
|Highest Avg. Tackle Points – PKL 7||Highest Tackle SR – PKL 7|
|Team||Avg. Tackle Pts||Team||Tackle SR|
|Puneri Paltan||11.4||Jaipur Pink Panthers||48|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||10.9||U Mumba||48|
|Haryana Steelers||10.9||Telugu Titans||47|
Another area where Jaipur Pink Panthers have excelled is in Super Tackles. Sandeep Dhull has scored the most Super Tackles for the team with 6. A total of 8 players in the team have been involved in Super Tackles with 5 players scoring a minimum of 3 Super Tackles.
Jaipur Pink Panthers as a team have recorded 23 Super Tackles this season and it is 2nd most amongst all teams for the season.
|Most Super Tackles – PKL 7|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||23|
JAIPUR’S RECENT DIP IN FORM IN THE DEFENCE
- Jaipur defence this has had a consistent performance in terms of average tackle points scored.
- But in the last 6 matches the main area of concern have been the amount of raid points the team has conceded and also the average failed tackles made.
- Jaipur defensive unit has given away an average of 20.0 raid points in the last 6 matches. But in the first 9 matches the team had conceded only 14.9 raid points per match.
- The team’s average failed tackles per match rose from 11.8 in the first 9 matches to 15.8 in the last 6 matches.
|Jaipur defensive performance – PKL 7|
|First 9 Matches||Last 6 Matches|
|11.2||Avg. Tackle Points||10.5|
|14.9||Avg. Raid Points Conceded||20.0|
|11.8||Avg. Failed Tackles||15.8|
UP YODDHA CHANGING GEARS IN THE 2ND HALF OF THE SEASON
U.P. Yoddha had a slow start to the season. In the first 11 Matches U.P. Yoddha won only 4 matches. But since the start of 2nd half of the fixtures U.P. Yoddha have a 100% win percentage winning 3 out of 3 matches.
U.P. Yoddha in PKL 6 also made a similar push in the 2nd half which helped the team qualify for the playoffs. U.P. Yoddha in the 2nd half of the league stage in PKL 6 had 5 wins, which came in the last 6 matches (5 Wins, 1 Tie).
|UP Yoddha – PKL 6||UP Yoddha – PKL 7|
|First 11 Matches||3||5||3||First 11 Matches||4||5||2|
|Last 11 Matches||5||5||1||Last 3 Matches||3||0||0|
NITESH KUMAR AND SUMIT CLICKING TOGETHER
- Nitesh Kumar has finally began to hit his mark this season. Nitesh Kumar and Sumit have been the key defenders who have led the team to victory in the past 4 matches.
- Nitesh Kumar and Sumit in the last 4 matches have scored at an average above 3.5 tackle points per match.
- But Nitesh Kumar has had a tremendous Tackle SR of 89. Sumit has had a Tackle SR of 56.
- Both the defenders have a failed tackle % below 55. Nitesh Kumar has been highly accurate with his tackle has a tackle failure % below 30.
|U.P. Yoddha Defenders – PKL 7 (Last 4 Matches)|
|Tackle Points||Avg. Tackle Points||Tackle SR||Failed Tackle %||HIGH 5s|
U.P. YODDHA IN SUPER TACKLES
U.P. Yoddha this season has struggled to get successful tackle in Super Tackle situation. Sumit the team’s lead defender has not even made one Super Tackle this season. All his tackle points have when there have been a minimum of 4 defenders on the mat.
|U.P Yoddha Defenders in Super Tackles – PKL 7|
|Defender||Team||Matches||Tackles||Successful Tackle||Unsuccessful Tackle|
|Nitesh Kumar||U.P. Yoddha||8||11||5||6|
|Ashu Singh||U.P. Yoddha||3||3||0||3|
Due to the poor display by the defenders, the team has the joint 2nd highest failed tackle % in Super Tackles this season.
|Highest Failed Tackle % in Super Tackles – PKL 7|
|Team||Tackles||Failed Tackles||% Failed|
(All figures overall PKL; figure in brackets shows since PKL 6)
Deepak Hooda (JAI) 9 – 1 Nitesh Kumar (U.P.) [4 – 1 Since PKL 6]
Deepak Hooda (JAI) 2 – 1 Sumit (U.P.) [All since PKL 6]
Deepak Narwal (JAI) 3 – 1 Nitesh Kumar (U.P.) [All since PKL 6]
Nilesh Salunke (JAI) 2 – 4 Nitesh Kumar (U.P.) [2 – 2 since PKL 6]
Monu Goyat (U.P.) 3 – 4 Sandeep Dhull (JAI) [0 – 3 since PKL 6]
Monu Goyat (U.P.) 6 – 4 Amit Hooda (JAI) [0 – 2 since PKL 6]
Shrikant Jadhav (U.P.) 1 – 2 Sandeep Dhull (JAI) [1 – 1 since PKL 6]
Shrikant Jadhav (U.P.) 7 – 6 Amit Hooda (JAI) [4 – 2 since PKL 6]
Rishank Devadiga (U.P.) 3 – 4 Sandeep Dhull (JAI) [1 – 1 since PKL 6]
Rishank Devadiga (U.P.) 4 – 8 Amit Hooda (JAI) [0 – 1 since PKL 6]
TEAM STORIES: JAIPUR PINK PANTHERS
JAIPUR’S DIP IN RAIDING PERFORMANCE A CAUSE FOR CONCERN
- The drop in the raiding performance by the raiders have directly affected the team’s success. In the last 6 matches none of the top 4 raiders in the team have scored more than an average of 6.
- Deepak Hooda the lead raider in the team has a raid point average of 5.3 in the last 6 matches.
- Deepak Narwal and Nilesh Salunke have not made much impact in the past few matches.
- Sushil Gulia has taken his opportunity and is the only raider in the team to have a Raid SR above 50 in the last 6 matches.
|Jaipur Raiding unit – PKL 7 (Last 6 Matches)|
|Raider||Matches||Raid Points||Avg. Raid Points||Raid SR||Raid Failure %|
- Jaipur Pink Panthers in the past 6 matches have scored 34 bonus points. The team in the first 9 matches only scored 21 bonus points. The team’s ability to get touch points has decreased and it has also affected revival of their raiders.
- Jaipur’s touch point % has fallen from 85% in the first 9 matches to 64% in the last 6 matches.
|Jaipur Raid Performance – PKL 7|
|First 9 Matches||Last 6 Matches|
|2.3||Avg. Bonus Points||5.7|
|85%||% Touch Points||64%|
JAIPUR PINK PANTHERS IN SUPER TACKLES
One area where Jaipur raider have found it difficult is during Super Tackle situations. The team has the 2nd lowest Raid SR in Super Tackles. One of the main reasons have been the amount of empty raids in these situations.
Jaipur Pink Panthers have an empty raid % of above 50 in Super Tackles and it is the highest amongst all teams.
|Lowest Raid SR in Super Tackles – PKL 7||Highest Empty Raid % in Super Tackles – PKL 7|
|Team||Raid SR||Team||Raids||Empty Raid||% Empty|
|Telugu Titans||30||Jaipur Pink Panthers||75||39||52%|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||35||U.P. Yoddha||76||37||49%|
|U.P. Yoddha||39||Tamil Thalaivas||84||39||46%|
TEAM STATS – JAIPUR PINK PANTHERS | Jaipur vs UP Yoddha Preview 2019
SHRIKANT JADHAV AND SURENDER GILL LEADS THE RAIDING CHARGE FOR
- Shrikant Jadhav has been the biggest influence in the raiding unit in the past 4 matches.
- He has done the bulk of the scoring. He has contributed to 59% of the team’s raid points in the last 4 matches.
- Shrikant Jadhav in the last 4 matches has averaged 10.0 raid points per match. He has also scored 2 SUPER 10s in this run.
- Shrikant Jadhav has had a raid failure % of just 12%. He has scored at Raid SR of 55.
|Shrikant Jadhav – PKL 7 (Last 4 Matches)|
|Raid Points||Avg. Raid Points||Raid SR||Raid Failure%||% Raid Point Contribution|
Surender Gill has been a helping hand in the raiding setup. He has scored 17 raid points in the last 4 matches. But his essential role was DoD raids. Surender Gill scored 9 raid points in DoD raids.
|Surender Gill – PKL 7 (Last 4 Matches)|
|Raids||Raid Points||Raid SR|
U.P. YODDHA’S DURING VARIOUS PHASES OF THE MATCH
U.P. Yoddha’s is not a raid dominated team. But the team’s dependence one raider has put in dire situation. The team does not have a Raid SR above 40 in any of the 4 phases.
U.P. Yoddha are in the bottom 3 in all the phases of the match. Especially in the final 10 mins the team has the lowest Raid SR amongst all teams.
|UP Yoddha Phase-wise Performance – PKL 7||Lowest Raid SR in 31-40 mins – PKL 7|
|Time||Raids||Raid Points||Raid SR||Raider||Raid SR|
|11-20||130||43||33||Jaipur Pink Panthers||41|
TEAM STATS – U.P. YODDHA | Jaipur vs UP Yoddha Preview 2019
|Md Masud Karim||3||3||1||75||0||0||0||0||0||3|
Credits PKL Team