Making a comeback after 2 years of suspension the Chennai Super Kings won the World’s Biggest Cricket League Trophy at the IPL 2018 Final at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. Opener Shane Watson scored a stunning century while chasing against the Sunrisers from Hyderabad.
After a long wait of six years, the Indian Premier League (IPL) trophy went to the league’s most consistent team – the Chennai Super Kings (CSK). The team which was heavily criticized at the IPL auction at the start of the year, proved everyone wrong. MS Dhoni was in the form of his life throughout the season and played some crucial knocks along with guiding the side with his captaincy skills.
IPL 2018 Final – Prize Distribution
While the CSK won the Cup and our hearts too, it was Delhi Daredevils (DD), the team which ended eighth on the points table, but dominated the closing ceremony by winning three of the eight awards.
- DD’s Rishabh Pant was named the Emerging Player of IPL 2018.
- Pant, who ended as the second highest run-getter in the tournament with 684 runs from 14 games, also won the most Stylish Player award.
- Meanwhile, DD’s Trent Boult won the Perfect Catch award for his stunning one-handed catch of Royal Challenges Bangalore (RCB) skipper Virat Kohli.
- Defending champions Mumbai Indians (MI), who could not make it to the play offs also this season, were given the Fairplay Award.
- Kolkata Knight Riders’ (KKR) Sunil Narine struck twice as he grabbed the Super Striker and Valuable Player award.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) skipper Kane Williamson (735 runs) got the Orange Cap (Most Runs) while Kings XI pacer Andrew Tye (24 wickets) got the Purple Cap (Most Wickets).
- Shane Watson, who helped the CSK chase down the 179-run target in 18.3 overs won the Player of the Match.