Today we have a pack of dynamic Indian sporting Legends that are making the country pleased on every single event, they take the field. This makes them the pride of our country.-- Advertisement --
Their valuable performances have given inspiration to millions of people, but there are some active Indian sports legends who are still playing for the country and making us proud.
Here are 5 Indian Sports Legend who actively making our nation proud:
- In the year 2012, Kohli was named as ICC ODI player for his outstanding batting performance. He was likewise the most noteworthy run scorer for Indian group amid that date-book year in ODI.
- Kohli has been part of the ICC World ODI XI for years now; 2012, 2014, & 2016.
- Virat Kohli was awarded Arjuna award for in 2013.
- Kohli was also named as an International cricketer of the year 2011-2012, & 2013-2014
- In 2017, Kohli has got Padma Shri award
- In June 2017, Chhetri turned into the fourth most elevated objective scorer among dynamic worldwide players when he struck his 54th against Kyrgyzstan, outperforming England’s Wayne Rooney.
- He was then behind USA’s Clint Dempsey, Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi of Argentina.
- is India’s all-time highest goal-scorer in international fixtures. Besides, he is also the all-time highest goal-scorer in the domestic league among Indians.
- He won the Arjuna Award in 2011 and now The All India Football Federation (AIFF) is set to recommend Sunil Chhetri for the country’s fourth highest civilian award — the Padma Shri
- He won a gold medal in 2016 IAAF World U20 Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland. He also set a world junior record.
- He had won the gold medal at the 2016 South Asian Games with a throw of 82.23 m
- Neeraj won a gold medal in Asian Athletic championships 2017 with a throw of 85.23 meters
- Neeraj Chopra achieved his best effort of 86.47 meters in men’s javelin throw at 2018 Commonwealth Games
- In May 2018, At the Doha Diamond League with a throw of 87.43 meters he again broke the national record.
- Nehwal was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2009 and a year later, the fourth highest civilian honor in India was awarded her by the Government of India which is known as Padma Shri award.
- In 2009, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award was awarded to Nehwal
- In 2016, the Government of India awarded Saina Nehwal the Padma Bhushan. It is the 3rd highest civilian honor in the country
- Sania was awarded the Arjuna Award from the Government of India in 2004.
- Sania was named one of the “50 Heroes of Asia” by Time in October 2005
- In 2006, Mirza was awarded the Padma Shri – the 4th highest civilian honor in India.
- In March 2010, The Economic Times named Mirza in the list of the “33 women who made India proud”
- In 2015, she was honored with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and a year later she was awarded the Padma Bhushan, India’s 3rd highest civilian honor.
- She was named in Time magazine’s 2016 list of the 100 most influential people in the world
For more such interesting stories on Indian sports do visit www.kreedon.com or become a writer by registering with us.