Hitaashee Bakshi is a young budding Indian golf player. The 18-year-old hailing from Gurugram garnered the attention of the country’s golf fraternity during her participation in her second event as a professional and emerged as the winner of the Women’s Pro-Golf Tour in 2020 which was held at the Classic Golf and Country Club in Haryana. As an amateur golfer, Hitaashee was India’s number-one-ranked golfer in 2021 and her world ranking was 282. However, in 2022, Hitaashee’s India rank slipped to the 3rd spot, but she has already turned professional and participated in her professional tour.
About Hitaashee Bakshi
|Details of Hitaashee Bakshi|
|Full Name||Hitaashee Bakshi|
|Date of Birth||18-07-2004|
|Hometown||Pune, Maharashtra / Gurugram, Haryana|
|Education||Pursuing Law Degree|
|Hobbies||Reading books, especially fictional books written by Stephen King|
|Official Recognition||Received Chief of Army Staff’s letter of Recognition for outstanding performance in golf in 2013|
Hitaashee Bakshi | Early Life
Hitaashee started playing golf at the age of six. She tried to take on a few other sports like table tennis, and badminton, but finally settled with golf. Hitaashee chose Golf because her mother, Sunita Bakshi used to play the game.
Hitashee started training at the army golf course under the tutelage of Anityachand. She now practices at the DLF Golf course under the same coach, and she has been practicing there since 2011.
Hitaashee’s sister Janhavi Bakshi is also a professional golfer and was India’s no. 1 ranked player in 2018 but due to injury, she is off the course for some time. Their mother, Sunita Bakshi also used to play golf. The Bakshi sisters represented India in the national squad and have always been together. Although, out of the limelight, their father has been their constant support system.
Hitaashee is mindful of what goes into her body, hence, has a nutritionist, Aruna Prasad. The 18-year-old feels that there have been improvements in her performance.
Her nutritionist provides her with a food plan which is frequently updated based on Hitaashee’s feedback and her body’s response to it. Meanwhile, her mother cooks food accordingly for her at home.
Hitaashee Bakshi’s Achievements
- Hole-in-one at Delhi Golf Club in July – 2013
- Runner-Up – The Lalit Suri National in Inter School at Noida Golf Club – 2013
- Winner – LMJT at Classic Golf Resort Category ‘D’ – 2013
- Winner – 7th AEPTA Open Ladies Amateur Golf Championship, Airtel Sub Juniors Trophy, and Lotus Trophy category Silver ‘B’ – 2013
- Winner – 4th DGC Ladies Open Amateur Golf Championship, Talwar Trophy, and USHA Mawana Trophy 2013
- Qualified for the US Kids World Junior Championship in 2013
- Received Army Chief’s appreciation letter – 2013
- Winner – IGU Feeder Tour Category ‘D’ at Classic Golf Resort, Jammu, Chandimandir, Kapurthala – 2014
- Winner – Ultimate US Kids in her category at Classic Golf Resort, Kapurthala – 2014
- Winner – 25th Callaway Category ‘C+D’ Girls at Golden Greens, Gurgaon – 2014
- India no. 1 in IGU merit list 2016-17
- Winner of Northern India Ladies and Junior Golf Tournament held in Palm Country Club Lucknow in 2016 in C Category
- Runner up Tata Steel All India Finals held in Classic Golf and Country Club in 2014
- Winner Tata Steel IGU Chandigarh Sub Junior and Feeder tour held in Shivalik –
Chandimandir held in 2014
- Winner Tata Steel IGU Punjab Sub Junior and Feeder Tour held in Kapurthala in
- Tata Steel IGU Haryana Juniors held in Classic Golf and Country Club in 2014
- Became India’s number-one Amateur in 2019
- Winner of the Women’s Pro-Golf Tour in 2020