Here’s a precise guide to buying the best Cricket Kit for kids…
Cricket is amongst the most followed sports in the world. This is evident from the popularity amongst people of all age groups, especially children. Moreover, in a nation like India, where cricket is not less than a religion, this sport has some mind-blowing craziness amongst the kids. They not only just follow this sport passionately, but many also pursue this as a career option. The country possesses a rich domestic cricket network, meaning there is never a shortage of opportunities in the game.
However, given the competition, it becomes essential for the youngsters to start off their career with the best possible cricket kit. Before we get started on which products to choose from, it is crucial to know about the basics of cricket kit. Here are the important things to look out in an ideal cricket kit:
Which is the best cricket kit for kids?
The best cricket equipment should be heavy-duty and of exceptional quality, since its primary purpose is to protect you. Having said that, it should not be heavy enough to impede your play. Most of the reputed brands like SG, GM, and Spartan have made a name for themselves for striking just the right balance between these two.
Furthermore, a good kit comes with a durable bag that can hold all the equipment together. A good cricket kit will have all the cricket equipment necessary for playing.
What are the items in cricket kit for kids?
There are a total of 8 items in a cricket kit
- Cricket Bat
- Pair Batting Gloves
- Abdominal Guard
- Thigh Pad
- Arm Guard
- Kit Bag
- A pair of pad
- Some kits might even come with stumps and a complementary bat.
Also Read | 13 Best Cricket Bats in India
What cricket kit size should I buy?
The cricket kit size depends upon the age or height of the child.
Best Cricket Kit for kids in India
Klapp Champion Cricket Kit, Cricket Set
- Contains (8 items): 1 Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat,1 Cricket Helmet, 1 Pair Pad, 1 Pair Batting Gloves, 1 Abdominal Guard 1 Thigh Pad, 1 Arm Guard, and 1 Kit Bag
- USP: Comes with a high impact polypropylene shell helmet
The Klapp Cricket Kit is amongst the best-selling cricket kits on online platforms. which is ideal for intermediate level. This kit has all the equipment that a player needs for his match or for his practice. The kit comes with a matte material bag that houses all the content nicely.
- Good bat grip for handling
- High-quality cleanable PVC facing for helmets
- Matte material for bags
- Quality cannot be adjudged since there aren’t many reviews.
R.P.M. SPORTS SG Economy Cricket Kit
- Contains (6 items): 1 Sg Rsd Spark Bat, 1 pair Sg Gloves, 1 Sg Blazetech Helmet, 1 Pair SGthi Leg guard, 1 Sg Tournament Abdominal Guard, 1 Sg Kit Bag
- USP: Comes with a high impact polypropylene shell helmet
The RPM Sports SG Economy kit is a very comfortable and stylish kit bag in this price range. It comes with a special bat holder on the side as well. The SG Nexus Plus comes with a Spark Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat that has thick edges matched with a curved blade. This is beneficial for powerful stroke play.
The handle is manufactured from premium-quality imported Sarawak cane. This helps deliver superior control and power. However, this product from the house of SG lacks arm guard and pads. Nonetheless, RPM Sports SG Economy kit provides a great value for money.
- Good quality products at the time of delivery
- Products are stylish as well as comfortable
- Doesn’t come with arm guard
CW Player Choice Cricket Kit for kids
Contains: Cricket Helmet, Arm Guard, Thigh Guard, Batting Leg Guards, Abdominal Guard & Batting Gloves.
USP: High-quality equipment
CW might be a relatively unpopular name in the market but is growing in stature quite rapidly. The CW Player Choice sports cricket kit is a great cricket equipment pack set for players looking for a bat-less kit. The priority is given to the quality of the products so as to provide the maximum safety and security to the batsmen. However, on the flip side, the price may be on the higher side. This product is recommended for the people looking for full-sized kits.
- Accessories are made of high-quality material
- Gloves have cotton filled finger rolls and thumbs for comfort
- Complementary leather ball included
- Slightly expensive
SG Comfipak Complete Cricket Kit with Trycom Ball
- Contains (8 items): 1 Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat, 1 Cricket Helmet, 1 Leg guard, 1 Pair Batting Gloves, 1 Abdominal Guard 1 Thigh Pad, 1 Arm Guard, and 1 Kit Bag
- USP: Comes with all the cricket equipment you will need, including a Kashmir willow bat and a Trycom Ball.
The SG Comfipak cricket kit is SG’s best-selling product on Amazon. It is a complete kit, including every equipment you will need to play. The kit is compact in size and with a weight of 5.5 kg, it is relatively easy to carry around. This good quality cricket kit with an attractive price from the house of SG.
- Complete kit with everything you’ll need in cricket
- Available in numerous sizes for different age groups
- Kitbag is made from heavy-duty nylon material
- Comes with only one thigh pad and not a pair
SG 7PCS CRKT Cricket Kit (Multicolor)
- Contains (7 items): 1 Cricket Kit Bag, 1 Cricket Bat, 1 Cricket Helmet, 1 Pair Batting Pads, 1 Pair Thigh Pads, 1 Pair Batting Gloves and 1 Abdominal Guard
As with Comfipak, the SG CRKT cricket kit is a stylishly designed and high-quality product. The kit comes with 7 items, including a Kashmir willow cricket bat. The batting gloves come with an extra durable base sheet and are laced with heavy-duty nylon tapes for extra reinforcement. You can trust the durability of this product.
- Comfortable gloves
- Equipment made of quality materials
- Great for players ageing 18 years and up
Spartan Cricket Junior Complete Batting Set with Accessories
- Contains (7 items): Cricket Bat, Leg guard, Batting Gloves, Kitbag, Thigh Guard, Arm Guard, Abdominal Guard.
- USP: Style
Spartan is known for some making some really amazingly styled products, and this cricket kit is not an exception. This kit comes with a Kashmir Willow Bat (Size 4) or (Size 5) apart from batting pads, gloves, abdominal guards, arm guards, thigh pads, and a shoulder bag. On the downside, it lacks a helmet and is available in only two sizes. Nevertheless, this is an ideal gift for your little budding cricketer.
- Trendy design
- The bag is easy to carry
- Equipment is made of quality materials
- Comfortable equipment
- Doesn’t come with a helmet
- Only available in two sizes – 5 & 6.
BDM Camo Cricket Kit for kids with Bat
- Contains (8 items): Cricket Bat, Leg guard, Batting Gloves, Kitbag, Thigh Guard, Arm Guard, Abdominal Guard.
- USP: Durable
Looking for some old school but sturdy cricket kit. Look no further. This product from BDM is highly durable and comes with 8 items. Moreover, the kit bag is made of heavy-duty nylon-sized However, the product comes in only one size. If you don’t mind trading style for durability, this is the product for you.
- Sturdy built quality
- Available only in one size – 6
SG Number 4 Cricket Set
- Contains (7 items): 1 Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat, 1 Pad, 1 Pair Batting Gloves, 1 Abdominal Guard, 1 Thigh Pad, 1 Arm Guard, and 1 Kit Bag
This is a great quality product available at an attractive price from SG. The kit comes with 7 items for youth sizes includes all the gear that you need. However, the kit doesn’t include a helmet or a ball.
- Durable bag
- Comfortable cricket equipment
- External bat pocket
- Reasonable price
- Attractive design
- No helmet
GM Complete Kit with Helmet
- Contains (8 items): 1 Kashmir willow cricket bat striker, helmet, 1 pair of batting leg guard 1 pair of thigh pad, 1 pair of gloves 1 abdominal guard,1 pair of arm guard, GM duffle bag
- USP: Premium Quality
This cricket kit from GM might be on the expensive side. But if you are looking to buy some premium cricket equipment that will last longer, this is the cricket kit for you. The GM complete kit comes with 8 items, including a stylish helmet and a Kashmir willow bat. It is specially designed for players under 15.
- High-quality built
- Equipment is durable
- A bit expensive