Table of Contents
The only sport loved and played equally by people of all ages without the fear of injury is probably badminton. It has a huge fan following in the country, the virtue of some world-class players in the international circuit like Saina Nehwal, PV Sindhu, and P.Gopichand.The mandatory things needed to play are a pair of rackets and a shuttlecock. But choosing a racket is not only important but not easy too. There are a number of factors that decide how a racket will come out in a match like weight, string tension, and the material it is made of. It also depends on the kind of player using it. Check out the list of best badminton rackets under 5000, in India, suitable for both amateur and professional players.
Complete list of best badminton rackets under 5000
|Best Badminton Rackets Under 5000
|Yonex Astrox 7DG
|Yonex Nanoray 95 DX
|Li Ning G-Force 3600
|Li Ning G Force Lite
|Li Ning Turbo X 80 II
|Yonex Astrox 77
|YOUNG Fury 7
1. Best Yonex badminton rackets under 5000: YONEX Badminton Racquet Voltric Lite 25i
A great option for aggressive players, Yonex Badminton Racquet Voltric Lite 25i. It is fully made of carbon fiber-graphite, is light, sleek, and is great for fast transitions from backhand to forehand and vice-versa. The grip size is G4; it is easy to hold, smooth, and helps in this transition. It is very stiff and suited for advanced defensive players with an aggressive game. The string tension is recommended at 20-26 lbs. The flex is average and the racket weight is balanced.
- Very lightweight
- Handy, helps in quick transitions
- Great for defensive players
- Ideal grip size
- Ideal tension
- Isometric head
- Sophisticated materials make it durable
- Not suitable for amateur or beginner players
- Double-sided racket
- Even balance reduces smash power
2. Best Yonex badminton rackets under 5000: Yonex Voltric Z Force
If you want the best badminton racket in this price range, probably this will be the most players will choose. A head-heavy racket, this comes with Yonex’s Tri Voltage system which enables maximum power and reduced drag by allowing maximum airflow.
This racket although, ideally strung at 20-28 lbs can be strung up to a high tension of 35lbs and this improves the overall strength. This is possible due to the high modulus graphite in the shaft which is stiff and Ultra HMG and tungsten in the frame. It also has tungsten grommets, which act as self-lubricant and help in superior string travel.
- Supremely powerful
- Ideal for aggressive players
- Tri Voltage system helps in reducing loss of speed
- High modulus graphite enables strong frame
- Has Nanoketer DR, which improves maximum repulsion.
- Best in class durability
- Difficult to control by amateur and beginner players
- Stiffness in the frame is so much that players without control in smashes will have problems.
3. Best Yonex badminton rackets under 5000: Yonex Astrox 7DG
The Astrox is the racket series known for its powerful smashes on ideal string tension. This head-heavy racket gets Yonex’s trademark Rotational Generator system and a large sweet spot due to the isometric head design, which provides a perfect blend of power, balance, control, and weight distribution.
The use of HMT i.e. High Modulus graphite and tungsten gives it a manageable weight of 88 grams. Ideal for intermediate players with an aggressive style, you should have strong shoulders and wrists to maximize its potential.
- Loaded with modern technology
- Excellent smashing power
- The isometric head design gives a large sweet spot
- Lightweight yet durable built
- Not for beginners who lack strength and flexibility.
- Not for those who prefer head-light rackets
4. Best Yonex badminton rackets under 5000: Yonex Nanoray 95 DX
A great head-light racket, this racket is extremely fast with better swing control and faster maneuverability. A racket of a stiff flex, this is sturdy and durable while NANO CELL and SOLID Titanium in the frame help in improving repulsion of the HM Graphite frame. The shaft is made of HM Graphite and has Nanomesh technology with Carbon Nanotube as well. These materials make the racket very strong and it is able to handle a 33lb string tension. This is probably the best head-light racket under 5000 in India. The frame also allows longer shuttle hold and control, while the Aero frame helps in improving aerodynamic performance.
- NANO CELL and Nanomesh technology improve racket strength and repulsion.
- NANOMETRIC makes the shaft flexible in the middle but stiff at the top and bottom
- Built-in T-Joint enables stability
- Great aerodynamic performance
- Lightning-fast speed and maneuverability.
- DX Frame gives more strength and better weight distribution.
- head-light leads to better control but less smash power
- Not great for very hard-smashing players
- Lacks feel, especially for beginners
5. Best badminton rackets under 5000: APACS featherweight
With a weight of just 58 grams, this is the lightest racket in the world! Made of 40T graphite, featuring a full carbon handle, this racket has great impact strength and power transfer to the shuttle. Equipped with an Armor high-speed frame design and HEXAGON THROAT design, this racket is lightning fast and also has great swing speed. The flexible shaft gives a slingshot-like effect which improves power. The recommended string tension is 28lbs.
- Lightest racket in the world
- Supremely fast speed and great maneuverability.
- HEXAGON THROAT design gives swing speed and extra damping.
- A flexible shaft gives power by a springing action.
- Suited only for speed
- Lacks racket feel.
6. Best badminton rackets under 5000: Li Ning G-Force 3600
The G-Force 3600 plus is a head-heavy racket for the intermediate/advanced defensive player who wants to dominate the game with third-line smashes. One of the best badminton rackets under 5000 from Li Ning, it has an Ultra Carbon frame and is equipped with an Aerotec beam system and DOF tech from Li Ning. These provide greater rigidity in the frame and also improve aerodynamic performance by enabling low air resistance. It also reduces vibrations on shuttle impact due to a stabilized torsion angle, allowing accurate shots. The racket weighs 86 grams and is recommended to be strung with 28lbs of tension.
- Suited for aggressive defensive players
- Loaded with techs like Aerotec Beam system and Dual-Optimum Frame.
- Ultra carbon frame gives rigidity
- Ideal grip size
- Lightweight and reduced drag generate good speed.
- Not built for power
- Lacks the feel of Yonex rackets.
7. Li Ning G Force Lite 3600
G Force Lite from Li Ning is equipped with the latest features which makes it very destructive for the opponent, especially with smashes. Increased racket speed by 2.8 percent and 7.8 percent less drag, resulting in powerful shots and control in play. Made of Ultra Carbon fiber, this gives excellent rigidity on impact. The use of DOF enhances the sweet spot, enabling power in shots hit from off-center. The racket weighs at around 78-80 grams and is ideally strung at 28 lbs.
- Use of DOF increases sweet spot area.
- Reduced drag makes it really fast
- Great control while hitting cross-netted and drop shots.
- The shaft is equipped with Aerotec Beam System.
- ideal grip size
- The string has a tendency to break.
8. Li Ning Turbo X 80 ii
Best Yonex badminton rackets under 5000: A great choice for players looking for an all-around racket and have allround skills too. Made of high-quality carbon graphite, it comes with Li Ning’s wing stabilizer which improves netplay as well as powerful smashes, giving great variation to the player. Having Ultra Carbon Material, it gets more smashing power and also bending strength. The racket is a head-heavy one, so is suited for players with a big smash. It gets the Stabilized Torsional angle tech which improves control of vibrations on impact. It survives a maximum tension of 29 lbs and weighs 87g.
- Loaded with DOF, makes a larger sweet spot
- Head-heavy balance gives good power in smashes.
- Suited for all-round and aggressive defensive players
- Reduced vibes on impact.
- Ultra carbon provides rigidity.
- Largely suitable for beginners and intermediates.
- Compromises on control
9. Yonex Astrox 77
Best Yonex badminton rackets under 5000: Another great option from Yonex, the Astrox 77 is a superb combination racket. A very stiff shaft made from Nanomesh and HM Graphite gives great control in shots and a spring-like effect to the already powerful racket equipped with the rotational generator system. This also improves swing speed and provides a steeper angle of attack. The racket weighs at 83 grams and has G4 grip, suitable for most players. It is a cheaper variant of the Astrox 99 and is equally able. The racket has a head-heavy balance which enables it to be suited for attacking players who hit powerful smashes with great speed.
- Powerful smashes
- Cheaper alternative of the excellent Astrox 69
- Equipped with Rotational Generator system.
- Ideal grip size and weight
- Steeper angle of attack makes smashes tough to returned.
- Not very flexible shaft makes it tough for netplay
- lacks control in drop shots.
10. YOUNG Fury 7
Best Yonex badminton rackets under 5000: This Malaysian brand is coming up really quickly for the last year or so and has got some amazing products. Formerly called Yang Yang, they have emerged as serious competition to the big boys like Yonex, Li Ning, and Victor.
Fury 7 is an exciting midrange badminton racket. Suitable for intermediate players, this racket offers a good blend of power and accuracy. A super lightweight construction combined with the strength of H.M graphite is the first positive. The racket is actually similar to the Yonex Nanoray series. It is head-light and is suited for very fast play and quick racket swings.
A flexible shaft and power box frame provide good restorability after contact with the shuttlecock. All these features combined with an ability to handle string tension of 28 lbs makes this an ideal first racket, especially in a budget.
- Suits speedy gameplay
- Flexible and good restorability
- Head lightness does not suit very aggressive play by strong players
- Tough competitors in Yonex and Li Ning.