The Indian football team is all powered up to begin their quest for 2023 AFC Asian Cup qualifiers (third-round) in June. Indian Football Team will be fighting to book their spot in the 2023 AFC Asian Cup. The event is being organized by Asian Football Confederation (AFC).-- Advertisement --
India’s Blue Tiger will be among the 24 nations fighting for 11 spots in the tournament during the third round of qualifiers. The event is scheduled to be held from June 8 to June 14. The blue tiger will face Cambodia on June 8.
Asian Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri-led India look to dominate 171st-ranked Cambodia-- Advertisement --
— TOI Sports (@toisports) June 7, 2022
These 24 teams will split into six groups of four teams and each will be playing the other three teams in their respective groups in single round-robin matches. The group winner will earn a spot in the tournament.
Group D comprises India with Hong Kong, Afghanistan, and Cambodia as other participants and is scheduled to play at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata.-- Advertisement --
Indian Squad for AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualifiers Third Round
- Forwards: Ishan Pandita, Sunil Chhetri, Manvir Singh.
- Midfielders: Jeakson Singh, Anirudh Thapa, Glan Martins, Brandon Fernandes, Deepak Tangri, Udanta Singh, Yasir Mohammad, Sahal Abdul Samad, Suresh Wangjam, Ashique Kuruniyan, Liston Colaco.
- Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Laxmikanth Kattimani, Amrinder Singh.
- Defenders: Rahul Bheke, Akash Mishra, Harmanjot Singh Khabra, Roshan Singh, Anwar Ali, Sandesh Jhingan, Subhashish Bose, Pritam Kotal.
Group D fixtures, date, and time in India
- June 8 – Hong Kong vs Afghanistan – 5 pm IST
- June 8 – India vs Cambodia – 8:30pm IST
- June 11 – Cambodia vs Hong Kong – 5 pm IST
- June 11 – India vs Afghanistan – 8:30 pm IST
- June 14 – Afghanistan vs Cambodia – 5 pm IST
- June 14 – India vs Hong Kong – 8:30 pm IST
— Mumbai City FC (@MumbaiCityFC) June 7, 2022
AFC Asian Cup qualifiers: Where to watch in India
Star Sports is the official broadcaster of the match. The match will be telecasted live on Star Sports 3 in India.
On OTT platforms, Disney+ Hotstar will be the one-stop destination for live streaming.
Tickets for 2023 AFC Asian Cup qualifiers:
Fans can buy tickets on Bookmyshow.com for India vs Cambodia match (June 8) and are available from June 4 onward. Offline tickets will be available from the previous day of India’s match, (10 am to 4 pm).