A grand total of 991 players have registered themselves for the mini-auction of 2023 IPL (Indian Premier League). Among them are 714 Indians and 277 overseas players from 14 countries. The BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) confirmed that the IPL auction for the 2023 edition will be held on December 23 in Kochi, Kerala.
Among the overseas players, Australia is at the top with 57 players in the auction pool, followed by South Africa (52 players), West Indies (33 players), England (31 players), New Zealand (27 players), Sri Lanka (23 players), Afghanistan (14 players) Ireland (8 players), Netherlands (7 players), Bangladesh (6 players), UAE (6 players), Zimbabwe (6 players), Namibia (5 players) and Scotland (2 players).
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) December 2, 2022
The statement, issued by BCCI secretary Jay Shah read,
“If every franchise were to have a maximum of 25 players in their squad, 87 players are available to be bought in the auction (of which up to 30 players can be overseas players).”
The BCCI did not release the players’ names, but the 991 players will be short-listed ahead of the auction.
The cricketers’ list has 185 capped, 786 uncapped, and 20 players from Associate Nations. The capped players include 19 from India and 166 from overseas. The uncapped players who previously played IPL include 91 players from India and 3 players from overseas. The list has 604 uncapped Indians and 88 overseas players.-- Advertisement --
IPL 2023: Purse Remaining for Auction
- CSK (Chennai Super Kings): Rs 20.45 crore
- DC (Delhi Capitals): Rs 19.45 crore
- GT (Gujarat Titans): Rs 19.25 crore
- KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders): Rs 7.05 crore
- LSG (Lucknow Super Giants): Rs 23.35 crore
- MI (Mumbai Indians): Rs 20.55 crore
- PBKS (Punjab Kings): Rs 32.20 crore
- RR (Rajasthan Royals): Rs 13.20 crore
- RCB (Royal Challengers Bangalore): Rs 8.75 crore
- SRH (Sunrisers Hyderabad): Rs 42.25 crore
Read More | Top 10 Best Cricket Batting Pads