The nationals Hero
Kiran Jadhav was at his most ambitious and combative during the 64th National Shooting Championship in Bhopal on Sunday. He shot 10.9, 10.9, 10.8, and 10.7 to bag the gold medal. In the 50-meter rifle 3-position event, he had a 0.4 point margin over his Navy teammate Niraj Kumar. coach Suma Shirur had trained all the three rifle shooters.
Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, World junior champion, bagged a bronze medal after he topped qualification with 1183. He had also shot national record scores of 1185 and 463.4 in Lima, Peru, this year. He also clinched the junior gold medal at the event.
Contribution of olympian champions
Moreover, the Olympians Chain Singh and Sanjeev Rajput achieved the fourth and fifth places respectively. In both men’s and junior skeet events held in Patiala, Rajveer Singh Gill won gold medals. For the men’s gold, he defeated Anantjeet Singh Naruka by four points and it is surprising that the great olympian Mairaj Ahmad Khan bagged a bronze.
The qualification topper clinched the junior gold by defeating Adarsh Singh by four points. The olympian Gurpreet Singh was defeated by one point by Bhavesh Shekhawat in the 25-metre rapid fire pistol event which was held at the Dr. Karni Singh Range in Tughlakabad.
50m rifle 3-position: Men
- Kiran Jadhav 455.7 (1172)
- Niraj Kumar 455.3 (1166)
- Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar 444.4 (1183).
- Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar 459.6 (1183)
- Avinash Yadav 455.2 (1158)
- Surya Pratap Singh Banshtu 440.4 (1164).
25m rapid fire pistol: Men
- Bhavesh Shekawat 33 (579)
- Gurpreet Singh 29 (579)
- Anish Bhanwala 22 (581).
- Anish Bhanwala 34 (581)
- Adarsh Singh 30 (572)
- Vijayveer Sidhu 24 (579).
- Rajveer Singh Gill 56 (119)
- Anantjeet Singh Naruka 52 (121)
- Mairaj Ahmad Khan 45 (119).
- Rajveer Singh Gill 55 (119)
- Abhay Singh Sekhon 53 (109)
- Munek Battula 46 (120).